St. Jules School
St. Jules - HomeSt. Jules - Home
St. Jules - About Our SchoolSt. Jules - About Our School
St Jules  Staff DirectorySt Jules Staff Directory
Our School Day - Bell TimesOur School Day - Bell Times
Safe SchoolsSafe Schools
Assessment and EvaluationAssessment and Evaluation
Web CalendarWeb Calendar>
St. Jules Catholic School Advisory CouncilSt. Jules Catholic School Advisory Council
School NewslettersSchool Newsletters
FORMSFORMS
 
Small company logo:

1072008_103537_1.png
Presently, St. Jules School has a population of 235 students, and a staff of over 30.  We are a vibrant faith community that is blessed to have St. Theresa’s Catholic Church directly across from our school.  Each month one of our classes plans and leads a liturgical celebration under the direction of their teacher.  We look forward to working with our pastor, Father Andy Dwyer in nourishing the faith and meeting the spiritual needs of our students.
The Catholic School Advisory Council (CSAC) is very active and an integral part of our team. Staff and parents are committed to making St. Jules a welcoming, inclusive learning community for all.  
We are most grateful and appreciative of the relationship that exists between family, church and school.
     

        St. Jules History
  • In 1924 construction began on creating a two-storey, nine room school at 1982 Norman Road. This area was located just outside Ford City in a developing area in east Windsor. The land that the school was built on belonged to the Ursuline Religious Order. Present day Holy Rosary Church, then known as Our Lady of The Lake Parish would have been the closest church. The original St. Theresa’s Church (1928—1948), a small white wood framed building was constructed after the school in 1928 and was situated on the south side of Tecumseh Road at Princess Avenue. It wasn’t until 1949 that St. Theresa’s Church moved to the current location across from St. Jules School.
  • The current school structure resulted from two major additions. In 1960, six classrooms were added to the original nine. A gymnasium was added in 1964. St. Jules School is situated on a parcel of land that is 2.1 acres in size.
Our Patron Saint - ST. JULIUS
  • Feast day: April 12
  • St. Julius is the patron saint of St. Jules School. Yes, you have read right - the school is named after Pope Julius, not a Saint named Jules! Julius was elected Pope on February 6, 337. He was the son of a Roman named Rusticus. He succeeded Pope St. Mark and served in the capacity of spiritual leader of the Catholic Church for fifteen years, from 337 through 352. Julius was responsible for building several basilicas and churches in Rome. He died in Rome on April 12, 352.
  •      (Source: www.catholic.org)





Top of Page